MacStadium provides the initial configuration of your firewall device, including a username and an initial password listed in your IP Plan. You use these credentials to connect to your MacStadium cloud via VPN and to log in to the Cisco ASDM-IDM management interface of your firewall device.
For security reasons, you might want to change this password. You can do this at any time.
- Verify that you're logged in to your firewall.
- Click Configuration.
- Select Device Management.
- Select Users/AAA > User Accounts.
- Select the username that you use to log in to Cisco ASDM-IDM and click Edit.
IMPORTANT: Do not edit the passwords for the
adminusers. They are reserved for maintenance and support by the MacStadium team.
- On the Identity screen, select the Change user password checkbox, set your new password, confirm it, and click OK.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Apply.
- Update any scripts, documents or connection settings with your latest password.
- From the Device Management > Users/AAA > User Accounts interface, manage your team's access to your cloud and the firewall by adding more users with specific privilege levels.
Updated 9 months ago