Connecting to a Mac mini
For customers with a firewall
If you have an account that includes a firewall, visit the "Connect to your Cloud (VPN)" page.
Getting connected to a dedicated Mac mini at MacStadium is simple. Your server is pre-configured to be controlled with VNC or SSH.
Finding your login credentials after signup
Your initial login credentials are created for you after checkout. Follow these steps to access them:
- Log in to your Portal account. These are the same credentials you created or used during the checkout process.
- Locate a ticket titled "Installation"
- Inside that ticket, you'll find the IP address, username, and password you will need to access your machine
Connecting via VNC from Windows
Connecting to your MacStadium Mac's desktop is simple from Windows but requires a VNC client. We recommend Real VNC Viewer, which is free to use.
- Download Real VNC viewer
- Install and run
- Use the IP address from your installation ticket
- Use the username and password from your installation ticket
- Once you see the macOS login screen, enter your password from your installation ticket one more time
Connecting from macOS with Screen Sharing
Connecting to your MacStadium Mac's desktop from a Mac is very simple because a VNC client is included with macOS.
- Input your machine's IP address into Safari replacing HTTP with VNC (e.g. vnc://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
- Apple Screen Sharing app will launch and request your machine's username and password
- You'll be presented with the login screen - enter your password one more time
Connecting from Windows 10 via SSH
Connecting to your MacStadium Mac terminal via SSH is simple with Windows 10's native SSH command.
- Go to the search bar and type "CMD" and open Command Prompt
- Into the prompt, enter: ssh [email protected] - where the username and IP address are the first login credentials you received after sign up
- Enter the password for your machine
Updated about 2 years ago