For customers with a firewall
If you have an account that includes a firewall, visit the "Connect to your Cloud (VPN)" page.
Getting connected to a dedicated Mac mini at MacStadium is simple. Your server is pre-configured to be controlled with VNC or SSH.
Your initial login credentials are created for you after checkout. Follow these steps to access them:
- Log in to your Portal account. These are the same credentials you created or used during the checkout process.
- Locate a ticket titled "Installation"
- Inside that ticket, you'll find the IP address, username, and password you will need to access your machine
Connecting to your MacStadium Mac's desktop is simple from Windows but requires a VNC client. We recommend Real VNC Viewer, which is free to use.
- Download Real VNC viewer
- Install and run
- Use the IP address from your installation ticket
- Use the username and password from your installation ticket
- Once you see the macOS login screen, enter your password from your installation ticket one more time
Connecting to your MacStadium Mac's desktop from a Mac is very simple because a VNC client is included with macOS.
- Input your machine's IP address into Safari replacing HTTP with VNC (e.g. vnc://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
- Apple Screen Sharing app will launch and request your machine's username and password
- You'll be presented with the login screen - enter your password one more time
Connecting to your MacStadium Mac terminal via SSH is simple with Windows 10's native SSH command.
- Go to the search bar and type "CMD" and open Command Prompt
- Into the prompt, enter: ssh [email protected] - where the username and IP address are the first login credentials you received after sign up
- Enter the password for your machine
Updated over 1 year ago