Logging into Cisco Firewall
Download and install Cisco ASDM-IDM
Your dedicated Cisco firewall comes with a management interface—Cisco ASDM-IDM.
- Make sure that you're connected to the VPN. For more information about how to connect to the VPN, see Connecting to Your Cloud (via VPN).
- Verify that you have Java installed on your system.
IMPORTANT: Download and install an official Java distribution from Oracle.
Java installations from package managers or OpenJDK installations might not work.
- In your browser, navigate to the Cisco ASDM-IDM download location provided in the MISC sheet of the IP Plan.
- Ignore the certificate warning and proceed to the address.
- Click Install ASDM Launcher.
- When prompted for credentials, provide the VPN credentials you're using with Cisco AnyConnect. You can find them in the Step 1: VPN section of the One Page sheet of the IP Plan.
For more information about how to change the VPN & firewall password, see Changing the VPN & Firewall Password.
- Launch the downloaded installer.
- (macOS-only) If you're prompted that the installer cannot be opened because it's from an unidentified developer, complete the following steps.
- Navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.
- Locate the
"Cisco ASDM-IDM" was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer.note and click Open Anyway.
- In the pop-up window, click Open and confirm the required permissions.
After the installation completes, the Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher loads.
Log into the firewall
You can use the Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher to reach your firewall and configure it.
- Run the Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher, if not already running.
- Enter the following data and click OK:
TIP: If nothing happens or you get a connection error, make sure that you are connected to the VPN and try again.
- If prompted that the connection is untrusted, click Continue. The first time you try to connect, it might take longer due to software updates.
TIP: Keep your VPN password handy. Cisco ASDM-IDM might prompt you to provide it at times.
Updated over 3 years ago